Learn Scala by taking one of our Fast Track to Scala courses, offered in-person and virtually.
This two-day course is designed to give experienced developers proficient in Java, C++, C# or Ruby the know-how to confidently start programming in Scala. The course ensures you will have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the language, the tooling and the development process as well as a good appreciation of the more advanced features. If you already have Scala programming experience, then this course could be a useful refresher, yet no previous knowledge of Scala is assumed. This course is offered virtually via ExitCertified. Learn more about our virtual training!
What are the prerequisites?
Students should bring their own laptop with Java 6 or higher installed.
What is the format?
- First steps in Scala
- OO basics
- Collections and functional programming
- For-expressions and loops
- Inheritance and traits
- Pattern Matching
- Dealing with optional values
After having participated in this course you should
- Be a competent user of Scala for application development
- Know and be able to apply the functional programming style in Scala
- Know how to use the fundamental Scala tools
- Be confident to start using Scala in production applications