This two-day course is designed to give experienced developers proficient in Java, C++, C# or Ruby the know-how to confidently start programming in Scala. The course ensures you will have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the language, the tooling and the development process as well as a good appreciation of the more advanced features. If you already have Scala programming experience, then this course could be a useful refresher, yet no previous knowledge of Scala is assumed. This course is offered virtually via ExitCertified.
What are the prerequisites?
Students should bring their own laptop with Java 6 or higher installed.
What is the format?
- First steps in Scala
- OO basics
- Collections and functional programming
- For-expressions and loops
- Inheritance and traits
- Pattern Matching
- Dealing with optional values
After having participated in this course you should
- Be a competent user of Scala for application development
- Know and be able to apply the functional programming style in Scala
- Know how to use the fundamental Scala tools
- Be confident to start using Scala in production applications