Take your Scala skills to the next level with the Advanced Scala training course, in-person or virtually.
If you already have programming experience with Scala and want to understand its advanced features, this two-day course is for you. It is designed to help developers fully understand topics such as advanced object-functional programming, the power of Scala's type system, implicits, etc. The course also covers how to leverage these features to create well-designed libraries or DSL’s utilizing proven best practices.
This course is offered virtually via ExitCertified. Learn more about our virtual training!
What are the prerequisites?
A basic knowledge of Scala as covered in the "Fast Track to Scala" course with at least two months practical experience in developing with Scala. Students should bring their own laptop with Java 6 or higher installed.
What is the format?
- Short recap of important basics
- Object-functional programming in depth
- Mastering the type system
- Explicitly implicit
- Internal DSLs
- Custom Scala collections
After having participated in this course you should
- Understand all aspects of the object-functional approach
- Know and be able to apply advanced features of Scala's type system
- Fully understand implicits and type classes
- Be confident to create libraries and DSLs with Scala