This is a two-day advanced course on building distributed reactive applications using Akka and Scala. It is intended for developers who already have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of building applications using Akka and Scala on a single JVM and are looking to learn how to scale out to multiple nodes and 3rd party systems. This course has extensive hands-on work and successive exercises build upon prior lessons learned to produce a fully functional application that is both event-driven and resilient by the conclusion of the course. This course is offered virtually via ExitCertified.
What are the prerequisites?
A basic knowledge of Akka as covered in the "Scaling up with Akka and Scala" course as well as a basic knowledge of Scala as covered in the "Fast Track to Scala" course with at least two months practical experience in developing with Akka and Scala. Students should bring their own laptop with Java 6 or higher installed.
What is the format?
- Akka basis reloaded
- Integration with 3rd party systems.
- Expose a RESTful HTTP interface
After having participated in this course you should
- Know how to use Akka's remoting and clustering features
- Understand how to integrate 3rd party systems
- Know how to create a RESTful HTTP layer
- Be confident to start using Akka on large scale